Steve Dell - Central London Hypnotherapist
I try and make sure my sessions are easy, enjoyable, positive and uplifting. As I explain in the initial consultation, everything I do, from the tone I set to how hypnotherapy works, is based on neuroscience. Having said that, it can also feel incredibly magical and is always beneficial.
I work as a Solution Focus hypnotherapist. Which means by focusing on your preferred outcome, I can help you get from where you are now to where you want to be, without the need to delve into your past or making you feel you are a person tagged with a problem; And we achieving that change over a relatively short period of time. I help you to create new, good habits and appropriate responses to life. It's particularly good therefore, if you're stuck in a rut, or if you find yourself repeating the same negative patterns of behaviour.
I treat any client struggling with almost any symptoms including anxiety, depression, anger, confidence, low self-esteem, PTSD, fears and phobias, weight management and smoking. I come from a background in drama, film and TV and partly because of that I have a keen interest in transformations.
Call me or email me to arrange an initial consultation. In that first session you help me build up a picture of what you're struggling with but just as importantly, what you hope to achieve by coming to see me. We then chat a bit about, how the brain works, why the mind does what it does, how hypnotherapy works and what to expect, in advance of our first actual session using trance.
The following, hour-long sessions are made up of roughly 20 minutes therapy and 40 minutes hypnosis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I'm a member of the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
- I trained at the Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training (London) where I received a Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy.
- I also have a B.A. degree in Fine Art from Middlesex University.
- And an M.A. in Screenplays and Plays from City University.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome*
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Performance Anxiety / Stage Fright
I charge £30 for the initial consultation and then £90 per 1hr session after that.