Rachel Morris - Cheshire Hypnotherapist
I qualified as a hypnotherapist and psychotherapist in 1994 and have spent the last twenty years in full time practise - privately and for the NHS in the Manchester area. I work with individuals, couples, groups and families. I am also a qualified counsellor supervisor.
I offer hypnotherapy and hypno-psychotherapy to anyone with a genuine desire to change, challenge or understand their unwanted habitual behaviours.
Hypnotherapy can be an incredibly powerful way to strengthen your will but it’s no magic wand and can’t work against your will; first and foremost you have to want to make the changes - for yourself.
Why do I need help?
It can be difficult to understand why, when we feel as though we genuinely want something to change that we can't just change it. We ask, ‘What’s wrong me?’ We measure ourselves by others’ apparent success and privately fear that we are weak – or undisciplined or unmotivated but the reality is that most of the reasons for behaviour lie hidden – deep in our unconscious. So when our head says, ‘It’s simple - just STOP! (Eating, smoking, worrying etc)’ a much more powerful but largely silent internal voice undermines it, whispering a more wilful ‘NO – I still need this.’ And it always seems to win so our best attempts to change old, unwanted habits are thwarted time and time again and we are left feeling confused and conflicted – or worse, ashamed.
A therapist can help us investigate the deeper reasons we might want to hold onto to self destructive habits and patterns of behaviour. Then, once we understand our whole motivation, we are in a far stronger position to challenge and change it.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnosis & Psychotherapy (DHP), 1995, with Centre Training School (CTS).
- Further training in psychopathology, ethics, dissociative identity disorder, sexuality and human development (CPD).
- Qualified as a counsellor supervisor in 2000 and have run personal development groups for certificate training programmes in the North West.
- I am a member of the National Register of Hypnotherapists & Psychotherapists (NRHP)
- I hold a professional insurance certificate with Balens Ltd.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome*
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
The first hypno/psychotherapy therapy session lasts 90 minutes and costs £75. Any subsequent or follow up sessions will last 60 minutes at a cost of £55 per session.
Those wishing to become NON smokers are advised to book a 90 minute session followed by a one hour session a week to ten days later.
Your hypnotherapy session can be recorded, either on your own smart phone, or mine and sent to you via email.
I have a 48-hour cancellation policy. This means if you have to cancel a session for any reason at all, within 48 hours of the time booked, you will be asked to pay for the missed session.
Please visit my website for further information, directions and map.