Karen Puttick - Buckinghamshire Hypnotherapist
Hypnotherapy is a powerful tool to assist you to make positive changes in your life. I am always amazed at how small changes can have a huge impact on so many aspects of life. Within my practice I am happy to work with adults and young people and I offer a free initial 15 minute consultation to ensure that you feel that I am the right practitioner for you.
I work with clients to develop resources to help with their current issues and also to create coping tools and strategies which are transferable to other areas of their life. I will combine hypnotherapy with other disciplines where appropriate, particularly with my "New Me" programme for lifestyle change.
Children and young people are particularly welcome within my practice, where I put a lot of focus on learning self -hypnosis techniques and building confidence and self-esteem.
I am a published author with books on the application of imagination for children, holistic ways to sleep well and self-motivation. All are available through Amazon.
Training, qualifications & experience
Trained and qualified in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP with the prestigious Adam Eason School of Therapeutic Hypnosis. I have also studied specialised modules to treat IBS, bed wetting and working with children.
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
- Hypnotension Cert.
- Registered with Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
Prior to qualifying as a clinical hypnotherapist I trained in a number of specialisms including:
- Cert. Diet and nutrition,
- Dip. Anatomy & Physiology, Massage
- Reiki Master Teacher
- Cert. Indian Head Massage
- Cert. Herbal Medicine
I have attended additional training including:
- Managing Challenging and Emotional Behaviour
- Red Cross First Aid in the workplace
- Mental Health Work preparation skills
- Risk Assessment Principles and practice
- Introduction to EFT
I originally learned to hypnotise myself in my teens (taught by my Father who was also a hypnotherapist.) I have applied the techniques of hypnosis to my work teaching meditation and running self-empowerment workshops for over 20 years. In the last year I have consolidated this with professional training to raise the service I offer to the highest standard.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Bed wetting (enuresis)
Performers (actors, singers, musicians, dancers)
Please refer to my website