Daniel Fishel - Conwy (County) Hypnotherapist
Daniel Fishel B.A. (Hons.), PGCE, DHP
Welcome! I'm Daniel Fishel, a practising hypnotherapist and Counsellor in North Wales and North London (clinics near Corwen, Denbighshire, Hendon and Belsize Park). I offer a free, initial telephone consultation (approx. 20 mins.) and will work with most conditions. I am also very happy to work with children (DBS checked).
I work well with anxiety, weight issues/eating disorders, addictions, quitting smoking (currently this is on "special offer"), alcohol abuse, depression, sexual/relationship issues, phobias or simply the need for a general feel-good relaxation.
Hypnotherapy offers a respected complementary therapy with no side effects and can bring about the changes you want. All clients are seen in strict confidence and in a safe, relaxing environment.
The three main strands of hypnotherapy I practise are:
Suggestion therapy -
Suggestion hypnotherapy involves the hypnotherapist giving an individual's unconscious mind a series of ‘suggestions’. These suggestions can help an individual to find it easier to do something they want to do (e.g. public speaking) or easier to stop doing something they don’t want to do (e.g. smoking).
Suggestion Hypnotherapy is often used when there is no root cause that needs to be dealt with, or when there are time constraints (such as an individual wanting to deal with a fear of flying). Suggestion hypnotherapy is often considered a short-term therapy compared with other types of therapy, and if changes occur, they can so so within the first few sessions.
- Hypnoanalysis – helps clients to release emotional barriers to success, health and happiness. Safely releasing the past gives clients a better understanding of themselves, helping them to live adaptively in the present and plan more confidently for the future. This is more of a commitment than "suggestion therapy" and will involve booking several sessions. Discounts are available when any treatment goes beyond three sessions.
- Pure Relaxation - this can provide wonderful benefits just by allowing everything external to stop for a while - a chance to fully inhabit the present moment and a chance to learn a little about meditation, which you can then practise without the need for a therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
B.A. (Hons.), PGCE, DHP (Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy).
I have a Certificate in Counselling Skills and I am currently working towards a Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome*
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
I accept payment by cash, cheque, bank transfer or Paypal:
£40 per session in North Wales, £59 at Hendon (reducing to £50 if we go beyond three sessions) and £50 at Belsize Park Clinic. All sessions last a minimum of 60 minutes.
I also offer Skype sessions, which can be particularly helpful for people with anxiety issues or difficulties leaving the house.
I am registered with the CNHC, GHR and APHP (The Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy) and receive regular supervision.