Amanda Hart - Berkshire Hypnotherapist
Amanda Hart MBACP MNCH (Reg.) MBBRS (Adv.) CNHC Reg.
What do you want to change in your life? Are there some things you are not satisfied with? Would you like to improve your confidence or self-esteem? Do you have a poor body image or relationship with food? Do you want to get rid of unhelpful habits? Are you struggling to manage relationships with others? Are you suffering from a chronic health problemthat you feel you could cope with better? Or perhaps you'd like to improve on your performance in your work or at play?
I am a clinical hypnotherapist, Advanced BWRT® Practitioner, therapeutic counsellor and behavioural coach based in Great Missenden and Loudwater, Buckinghamshire, and surrounding areas. Offering my services to individuals, couples and families, I also offer services to businesses throughout the UK.
I offer confidential, caring and professional support to clients so that they can manage and deal with all sorts of issues encountered in their everyday life. I help clients to make the most of their strengths and resources in order to overcome difficulties they may be going through, or simply to help them to be themselves…..but better.
Brainworking Recursive Therapy™ (BWRT®): I am a certified Advanced Practitioner of this dynamic and highly effective therapy, which is particularly helpful for addressing fears, phobias, unwanted habits, emotional or behavioural problems, grief, and much more. For more information see http://www.lifeinsighttherapy.co.uk/2017/01/brainworking-recursive-therapy-bwrt-buckinghamshire/ or get in touch.
Eating Disorders and Body Image: I hold a Master Practitioner Diploma from the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED) and have also trained with King's College/IoPPN to work safely, appropriately and effectively with people with eating disorders, including bulimia nervosa. anorexia nervosa, binge eating disorder, body dysmorphia and other types of body image or eating distress.
Obesity: I offer a motivational and supportive coaching approach for those who are clinically overweight or obese and wish to improve their habits and their health. If you are ready to put into action the changes that you need to get rid of excess weight and develop a healthier relationship with food, then I am here for you - give me a call to find out more.
Training, qualifications & experience
DHP (Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
NCFED Master Practitioner, Eating disorders & obesity
Certified BWRT® Advanced Practitioner
Reg. Member MBACP
Specialist training in:
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Motivational weight loss
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy for Eating Disorders
- Nice approved Maudsley method for working with Anorexia Nervosa (MANTRA)
- Schema Therapy for eating disorders
- Relationship therapy
- Mental health problems
- Analytical hypnotherapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Solution Focused Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
I am bound by the BACP ethical framework and follow the NCH and CNHC codes of coduct. I have comprehensive liability insurance for both counselling and hypnotherapy.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome*
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I am very experienced in working with clients dealing with mental health issues and eating disorders.
I have completed additional training in:
- Conflict Management and Resolution
- Effective communication
- Self Harm
- Dealing with Depression
- Coping with Anxiety
- Domestic Abuse
- Alcohol and Drug abuse
- Managing Challenging Behaviour
- People who appear to be stuck
- Hypnotherapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
I also work with businesses to help them to manage staff issues. Services include conflict resolution, staff counselling and effective communication workshops
Free Initial Consultation - please contact me or visit my website (www.lifeinsight.co.uk) for up to date fees information.
- Standard sessions last for 50-60mins, somtimes I may suggest a longer session
- 3 or 6 session packages available
- Concessionary rates available for young people (18-20) or those in full time education
- Services to businesses - fees on request
Payment options: cash, cheque or bank/credit card. Bank transfer or Paypal available by prior arrangement.
I work in 2 lovely private clinics, both with free client parking and evening availability.
Client confidentiality is assured. However, as with all professional therapy, there are some ethical and legal limitations to client confidentiality, which I will explain to you in our first session.
Whilst I am happy to work with older teenagers and young adults, I do not work with children. The youngest age I work with is 18 except for eating disorders when I work with 16yrs and over.
Latest DBS enhanced certificate - Nov 2018
- Also registered with Counselling Directory